Dear fellow guests, Welcome to Games World Forum. Kindly register or log in to our fourm. Thanks and have a nice day.

Our Games World RPG Games has started, for more information, pls visit the Games World RPG Games section.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dear fellow guests, Welcome to Games World Forum. Kindly register or log in to our fourm. Thanks and have a nice day.

Our Games World RPG Games has started, for more information, pls visit the Games World RPG Games section.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Last person to post wins
Xbox Live's Game Room Review EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 12:00 pm by Killerkevin619

» A man arrested laser light and hits helicopter
Xbox Live's Game Room Review EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 12:03 pm by murphymoon25

» Apply for Ultimate/Platinum/Experience Member Here
Xbox Live's Game Room Review EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 5:30 pm by murphymoon25

» 300mW 618 Click Style Open-back Green Laser Pointer with Battery Luxury Gold Color
Xbox Live's Game Room Review EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 6:21 pm by murphymoon25

» Green Laser Pointer 532nm 400mw Flashlight Style
Xbox Live's Game Room Review EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 11:27 am by murphymoon25

» Red Laser Pointer Pen Hand Hold 500mW RX7 Cheap Best
Xbox Live's Game Room Review EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 12:24 pm by murphymoon25

» 女性のモンクレールのコートは
Xbox Live's Game Room Review EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 7:09 pm by golfmon99

» あなたはモンクレールのジャケットを注文
Xbox Live's Game Room Review EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 7:07 pm by golfmon99

» モンクレールのジャケットは、ファッションにに成長しました
Xbox Live's Game Room Review EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 7:04 pm by golfmon99

Apply for Ultimate/Platinum/Experience Member Here

Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:21 pm by prostar

Once you have reach the requirement set by the administrator. You can then post here. The Administrator will then reward you asap.

Post should be posted in the way shown below:-

I have reach 1/3/5 years of service. Kindly award me with the rewards.

Comments: 2

Delete/Moved/Locked

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:55 am by juney

Any post that get any warning please post in the right section next time or it will be deleted permanently next time & get yourself banned.

Thank you.

Comments: 10

Games World forum Chat thread

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:56 pm by juney

Hello people ^_^

There will just be some rules i'm thinking no one would have problem such as:

1. No insulting or fighting, simply make it a peaceful thread
2. Respect each others opinions

For further rules here is the updated forum rules: http://www.gamesworldforum.net/t247-rules-and-regulations

Soooooo....lets make it a peaceful thread and have fun

Comments: 1

Games World Forum Intro Video

Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:59 pm by prostar

♪ Game World Forum Attandance log ♪

Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:48 pm by juney

This forum is getting an Attendance-Logbook!
Members, let others know you dropped by on the forums!

FORMAT / RULES

1. Write in English!(No other language)
2. Copy and paste the previous persons post!
3. Add date, number and your name before you make your comment!
4. Keep this thread clean and watch your language!
5. Each member can only post ONCE A DAY in this thread!
6. NO SPAMMING in this thread!

Let's get started

Comments: 39

changing of username/email thro administrator

Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:18 pm by jackson

Changing of username and email is available now. Below shown the price list of each availabe service.

The price for changing username is 800 GW Points.

The price for changing email thro administrator is 200 GW Points.

Kindly reply here if you wish to change the above mentioned items with the new name/email include in your reply.

Comments: 15

Moderators

Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:23 am by jackson

Congratulations to the following for being our moderators :-

hpming
elgms

We are still looking for more moderators for this forum so still active and post well. Very Happy

Comments: 25

Ultimate/Platinum/Experience Member

Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:26 pm by jackson

From 24 June 2012 onwards, there will be new mask as given below

Ultimate Members:-
Users need to be at least 5 years in this forum.

Platinum Members:-
Users need to be at least 3 years in this forum.

Experience Members:-
Users need to be at least 1 year in this forum.

Note:-
If the user is from WLO Users, he/she will still mask as Ultimate/Platinum/Experience Members if the above condition has met.

Comments: 8

New Games World Points and Reputation Points for Users

Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:05 pm by jackson

Games World Points in short GW Points is used for the Games World RPG Games.
We will announce the function later on.

Reputation Points is given through User to User if they found that the article is good or bad.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Xbox Live's Game Room Review

2 posters

Go down

Xbox Live's Game Room Review Empty Xbox Live's Game Room Review

Post  prostar Sat May 22, 2010 7:48 pm

Xbox Live's Game Room

It was nice idea, poorly executed.

Written by Steven Williamson, 25 March 2010

Finally, it's arrived! After all these months of waiting and all the hype, Xbox 360-owning, retro enthusiasts have the chance to experience gaming like it used to be with the launch of the Game Room. I was excited as anybody to finally get to download the Game Room, but to say I'm disappointed is a gross understatement.

I guess I was expecting to be transported back to a moment in time that I remember with great fondness; all of those great games that laid down the foundations for the games that we play today. I was certainly expecting some kind of social hub, buzzing with activity and perhaps a cool place to hang out full of retro goodness to pimp up and show off to my mates. It turns out, however, that the Game Room is a fairly poorly designed and pricey mess.
Here are five reasons, though there were more, why I think the Game Room is bad.

1)There are no free games in the free game packs.

When you download the Game Room you get the option to download two game packs. You'll probably, like me, assume that you'll be able to play some of these games for free; the ideal introduction to the other retro games on offer. You'd be wrong. The game packs merely give you access to a trial of the 30 games currently available in the arcade. And you can only get to trial each game once! I loaded up a demo of Outlaw and expected to be play against the CPU in this 1 vs 1 cowboy fight. No, I needed someone else to plug in their Xbox 360 controller. As no-one was around I spent a few seconds shooting the static cowboy a few times before quitting, while uttering a few swear words under my breath. When someone was eventually around to test it out with me, I couldn't trial it again. I was ordered to pay 40 MS Points for the privilege of buying a play session. I politely declined.

2)How much for a game?

The price per game is 240 Microsoft points. In order to ever build up a decent collection that's a fair amount of dosh in the long run for games that are 20 years old and more. There's also an option to buy the game both for your Xbox 360 and PC. The price of the game then goes up to 400 MS Points. There should be special deals a special price for buying, say, 10 games. Anything to make buying these games a little more attractive. I'd be tempted to pay 100 MS Points to play a game I haven't played before, even if I play it once it's not too much of a loss. But the price point here has been set to high.

3)No Lobby, no wandering around the arcade and no social interaction.

I was thinking something along the lines of PlayStation Home on a smaller scale when I imagined the Game Room. We know that MS can do lobby systems brilliantly, but there's just nothing here. It's such a shame; we could have all got together and moaned collectively about our disappointment. You can't even walk around the arcade. The User Interface is only retro by the fact that it is so basic and feels so empty and uninspired. You just control a camera and zoom around rooms that you can customize by placing what amounts to a 'load of old tat' in your virtual arcade - a chainsaw? What the is that about?

4)The games don't cut it, yet.

There's still plenty of time, of course, so the games are going to get better but the launch line-up is pretty poor. If you can choose a dozen games out of these 30 titles that you want to download I'd be surprised. I found half-a-dozen games that I thought about , but then I decided against and bought an 8 slice Hot 'n Spicy pizza with breaded chicken strips, garlic bread and a liter bottle of Coke with the money I'd saved.
Here's the line-up:
Adventure
Armor Battle
Asteroids Deluxe
Astrosmash
Centipede
Battlantis
Crystal Castles
Gravitar
Lunar Lander
Red Baron
Combat
Finalizer
Football
Tempest
Jungler
Millipede
Outlaw
Road Fighter
Realsports Tennis
Sea Battle
Scramble
Skiing, Mountain Madness/Super Pro
Space Armada
Space Hawk
Shao-lin's Road (Kicker)
Star Raiders
Super Cobra
Sub Hunt
Tutankham
Yar's Revenge

5)Some games haven't been ported efficiently

Why am I experiencing some lag and having to wait for more than a couple of seconds for a game to load? When playing Millipede there seems to be a delay from when I press the fire button to the action being translated on screen. Generally, the games just feel wrong with the Xbox 360 control pad and awkward to control. So I wacked out the Mad Katz arcade stick, which I bought specifically to play Frogger on the Xbox Live Arcade. It made no difference. Either some of these games are poor ports, or the original games were much worse than I remember.
There's still plenty of hope for Game Room and there are some cool features, such as being able to save in-game and rewind play - and you do get 5 gamerscore points just for downloading it - but it's not a great start. It doesn't even feel finished.

As reported by GamerZines.
prostar
prostar
Gunnery Sergenat
Gunnery Sergenat

Moderators

Platinum Members

Warning Level : 100%
Group : Moderators
GW Points : 5823

Back to top Go down

Xbox Live's Game Room Review Empty Re: Xbox Live's Game Room Review